Welcome to LaPlaya Golf Club
Welcome to LaPlaya Golf Club
The LaPlaya Golf Club opened January 2002 as a totally new 18-hole championship course lay out, artfully designed by Bob Cupp. The course is a 6,902 yard, par 72 golf course with five sets of tees to meet every golfer’s ability.
“ LaPlaya definitely has a natural look, with lots of indigenous landscaping, rolling fairways and water features added to make it not only fun and challenging to play, but also pleasing to the eye.” – Bob Cupp
A world class designer, Bob Cupp, has designed courses that have hosted more than 50 national and international tournaments, including seven major championships. Since launching Cupp Design, Inc. in 1986, Cupp has designed more than 100 courses, including acclaimed works as Beacon Hill near Toronto; Pumpkin Ridge in Portland, Oregon; Old Waverly at West Point, Mississippi and locally The Estuary at Grey Oaks and Grey Oaks Golf Clubs here in Naples. For 15 years prior to establishing his own design firm, Cupp was senior designer for Jack Nicklaus, designing courses around the globe.
Golf at LaPlaya Golf Club
Golf Course Information
LaPlaya Golf Course –2016 Silver Medal Award Winner for Resort Golf Courses, Golf Magazine
- 6902 yards from the Tournament tees (6385 yards from the LaPlaya tees)
- 74.6/143 Course Rating and Slope from the Tournament Tees (72.0/140 from the LaPlaya Tees)
- 5 sets of tee boxes
- 155 acres for the entire property
- 100 acres turf, 30 acres landscape, 17 acres lakes and 8 acres hard-scape
- Tif-Eagle greens, Tif-Grande collars, 419 Bermuda-grass tees, fairways and roughs
- 7 acre practice tee area
- Short game practice facility with seven target greens
- Our Practice facility is equipped with a large driving range, chipping green, and practice bunker.
- One substantially sized 10,000 square foot practice putting green
- Oak, Black Olive, Shady Lady, Ficus, Strangler Fig, Royal Poinciana, Black Pine, Slash Pine, Tabebuia, Cassia, Sea Grape,
- Mahogany Trees; also are Sabal, Royal, Queen, Washingtonia
- Reclinata and Areca Palms
- 40 other varieties of diverse Florida landscape plants throughout entire course
Other reasons the LaPlaya Golf Club is so popular:
- A true golf club
- Popular for the fast pace of play
- Ten minute tee times
- Low annual dues
- Clubhouse, Grill Room and Golf Shop
- Exceptional practice facilities
- A course unlike the rest in the area with undulating fairways
- No assessments
- No food and beverage minimums
Are you under 50? Check out our new Executive Membership.
- $21,000 joining fee paid in three installments
- Half the current annual dues for five years
- Limit of 10 Executive memberships
- This program offers an unlimited Golf-Only Membership.
Practice Facility at LaPlaya Golf Club
Our seven acre practice facility gives you time and space to work on your driving skills. With a range that faces north, the sun is never in your eyes while you watch your long shots. The area also hosts a separate area to work on your chipping and putting. A short game facility was added to the driving range with seven target greens.
The secret to lowering your handicap is all in the short game! Our eight hole practice putting green has brand new greens and enough area to fine tune on those long and short putts.
Membership at LaPlaya Golf Club
LaPlaya Golf Club members enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to the 18-hole, par 72, Bob Cupp-designed golf course measuring 6902 from the tips, the seven-acre practice facility, and our newly renovated old-Florida style clubhouse.
- Exclusive Golf Member tee times which may be made 10-days in advance
- Daily member games
- Member socials and events
- Golf club storage and locker rental
- Well-appointed men’s and ladies’ locker rooms, each with their own attendant and complementary shoe service
- VIP service throughout the LaPlaya Golf Club experience, from the golf course to the clubhouse and beyond
- No assessments, minimums, member boards, debt
- Low Annual Dues
- Accompanied and Unaccompanied guests are welcome when sponsored by the member
- Lessons and Clinics with our PGA professional staff
- Off season reciprocity with many other Naples Clubs.
Executive Membership (under 50):
This program offers an unlimited golf membership including:
- Access to the practice facilities whenever we are open
- Exclusive golf member preferred tee times
- 10 day advance tee time booking
- Play for only a cart fee of $25+ tax
- Play in all tournaments and trophy events
- Access to executive member only locker rooms
- Bag storage and locker rental available for a nominal charge
- Preferred member pricing in the golf shop
- Reciprocity with many clubs for golf and dining in Naples from May 1 – October 31
In addition, all of our memberships are “family memberships.” When you join, your family has access to LaPlaya Golf Club. This includes a spouse and all children up to age 23.
We invite you to take a tour of our 18-hole golf course and seven-acre practice facility, learn more about our club, or learn about how you can join the LaPlaya family by viewing our membership opportunities. It will be our pleasure to welcome you to your new “home away from home”
History at LaPlaya Golf Club
What used to be flat, uninteresting land was turned into a whole new golf experience.
In 1957, imagine there were no gated sanctuaries, no condo-lined fairways, no golf carts whisking from garage to tee, because that was the year that Naples’ (and the country’s) first golf course community was created called Palm River. Second golf course built in Naples; the original Palm River Golf Club wasn’t the greatest golf course in the area. It was generally flat, so that you could stand on almost any hole and see several of the others. In 2001, Palm River Golf Club received a new name, LaPlaya Golf Club, and was completely redeveloped and an entirely new golf course was created.
LaPlaya Golf Club, LLC was formed as a joint venture by affiliates of Barron Collier Companies and Stephen J. Lockwood & Co., LLC, owner of Palm River Country Club having purchased it in 1996. The partnership retained Bob Cupp, of Cupp Design, Inc., renowned as one of the finest golf course architects in the country to design a completely new course with construction beginning in 2001 and was completed in the fall of 2002.
Summer of 2015, LaPlaya golf course was under construction again, rebuilding all 18 greens, re-grassing all of the tee boxes and adding even more tropical plants and trees. The epitome of the lush Florida golf, LaPlaya Golf Club is Naples hidden gem.
Contact Director of Membership Sandy Cotter To Learn More!
Sandy Cotter – Director of Membership
Phone: (239) 254-5019
333 Palm River Blvd, Naples, FL 34110