Welcome to Hacienda Golf Club
La Habra Heights, California
Hacienda Golf Club was born during the Golden Age of golf course architecture as a dream of turn-of-the-century oil millionaire Alphonso Bell. Before founding Bel-Air Country Club, which he located within his vast landholdings extending from what is now West Los Angeles to the Pacific Palisades, Bell founded Hacienda.
In a beautiful canyon carved out of the La Puente Hills, Bell sought to build a golf course of demanding and championship caliber. For its design, he retained the services of William Watson, the most prolific and best-known golf course architect in all of California at the time. The first nine holes opened in 1920, and the second nine in 1923.
The first real clubhouse was built in 1927. In the more than eighty years since its design, the layout of the golf course has remained the same.