The Founders Club
Sarasota, Florida Golf Community
Welcome to The Founders Club
The Founders Club is a private, traditional Golf and Social Club Community that expresses and encourages communion with nature, camaraderie among neighbors, and connection to the timeless traditions of Scottish links golf. The Founders Club is nestled amid 700 acres of verdant natural landscape on the outskirts of Sarasota, Florida – the renowned cultural and vacation destination on Florida’s West Coast. The area’s world-famous Gulf beaches and keys, its sophisticated arts, culture, spa and dining scenes are just a short distance from The Founders Club and its elegant gated community of custom built homes.
Robert LeFever has extensive experience in managing private golf clubs in various places in the Eastern United States, including Pittsburgh, PA, Greenville, SC, and West Middlesex, PA. In addition, Robert was at one time a restaurant owner in Cuyahoga Falls, OH. For the past ten years Robert has been General Manager of the Portage Country Club in Akron, OH, which is the premier private club in that area.
Robert is a Certified Club Manager and Certified Club Executive. In addition, he serves on the Advisory Board for Hospitality Food Service Management at Kent State University and also on the Advisory Board of the Clinic for Child Study and Family Therapy at Akron University.
Golf at The Founders Club
Following the ancient contours of traditional Scottish Links courses, The Founders Golf and Social Club’s 18-hole championship course takes its cues from the gently rolling terrain. Set against a backdrop of centuries-old oaks, pines and palms and highlighted by a natural buffer of lush, untamed landscape, the 7,094-yard, par 72 layout offers a dynamic route along groomed fairways, tranquil lakes and unspoiled wetlands. Each hole is sculpted in harmony with the natural beauty of the landscape to elevate the challenge and exhilaration of play. The course is a “core” design, where golfers cross no roads during play and where homes are carefully set back from the field of play.
Sarasota’s only traditional caddie program affords Members the pleasure of walking the course at their leisure – no tee times required. A state-of-the-art teaching facility and golf shop are staffed with a roster of seasoned professionals who help each Member reach for the top of his or her game.
- Signature Robert Trent Jones, Jr. designed 18-hole, 7094 yard, par 72 golf course following the rich tradition of Scottish Links design with six different tees to accommodate golfers of all levels.
- Exclusive Golf Membership of only 275, which means no problem getting on the course
- Weekly Men’s, Ladies and Couples Golf games that are always randomly paired to promote camaraderie
- The Founders Learning Center, with professional golf club fitting, equipped with Flightscope Technology inside a high tech training facility and 8,000 square foot teaching area
- Newly designed one-acre practice facility with two large putting greens, chipping area and oversized driving range
- Weekly Junior Golf Clinics
- PGA golf professionals ready to assist you with your
- Titleist Pro V1 practice golf balls
- Full-service locker rooms
Real Estate at The Founders Club
Single Family Homes: $929,000 – $2,500,000
View properties at The Founders Club
Wellness and Lifestyle at The Founders Club
Wellness, fitness and healthy living are part of what make The Founders Club lifestyle so vibrant and enriching. Personalized diet and exercise programs, a state-of-the-art fitness center and array of fitness activities, classes and training are guided by a Personal Trainer and enhanced by outside resources such as massage therapists, dietitians and instructors helping each Member of The Founders Golf and Social Club lead a happier and more rewarding life.
- Massage Therapy & Fitness